An explanation to come! Happy Friday!
Friday, September 28, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Why do I feel the need to blog, when I really don't have anything to talk about? Here is just some random thoughts:
- I love my little two-year olds! They are so adorable, well most of them anyway, and it is joy going to work every Tues/Thurs.
- Noah is doing great being in the nursery during this time. He loves that he gets to play with his Aunt Lizzy and pull out all of the other babies pacifiers. He is the paci bully!
- Speaking of Noah, he has many new tricks at the moment. He is really into repeating things such as: mama, dada, baba, byebye, lizzy (he actually said "dizzy" to my sister), hi, and some other noises that are hard to explain. Hopefully I will be posting a video soon of some of his tricks.
- I am going to be starting a ladies bible study on Wednesday morning with my friend Courtney. I am excited about the opportunity to get out of the house more and spend some time in the Word.
- Noah is fighting a little cold at the moment, but what child isn't?
- I cut 5 inches off my hair this past weekend! I love it and will post a pic soon!
- I am ready for fall-like weather!!
Posted by Allison at 2:10 PM
Friday, September 21, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
These are the tv shows that I will be watching this fall in no particular order:
How I met your mother
Another funny show, but a different kind of humor. It is a lot like Friends which is probably one reason why I like it! Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie) is so stinkin hilarious!!
The Biggest Loser
I started watching the show last week and am hooked. We watched the season finale last season and it made me want to see a season from the beginning ( and also made me cry like a baby)!!
Dancing with the Stars
I love, love, love this show. I am not as excited about this season's cast, but I love Jennie Garth (Kelly on 90210). It annoys me that it is three nights a week at first! That is way too long. This is a show I definitely DVR, since Aaron doesn't like and I fast forward through the boring musical numbers.
I used to love this show but the season 3 finale was kind of disappointing. I might not be a loyal viewer this season if the story line continues on like it has.
My other favorite show but it won't be on until January!!! They are starting it in January so that they will not show any repeats which is a good idea. This show is also GENIUS! Aaron and I have season 1 & 2 and are watching them over to be completely ready for the season premiere. We are nuts, I know!
I watch way too much tv...I know!! What shows are you excited about this fall???
Posted by Allison at 1:06 PM
The above pics are from over the weekend. Noah and his cousins, Madison and Emma Kate in their OU gear. Had to snap a picture since they were all three matching. The next pic is from Matt and Courtney's Football Watching Party wearing our teams colors duh! (Me, Courtney and Laura). We had a blast watching the game(s) and just hanging out. You can see more pics on Courtney's blog linked to the right.
This weekend I also had Noah's 9 month picture taken, which turned out adorable as always. We also did a little shopping, eating, visiting with our small group, worshipping (Aaron led worship on Sunday and did such a good job!), and hanging out with friends and family. These are my favorite kind of weekends....a little bit of everything!
Posted by Allison at 12:24 PM
Friday, September 14, 2007
- He has two teeth now! Yeah!!! You can kind of see them in the picture above.
- He talks non-stop! While he use to say dada ALOT he is now saying mama all the time!! He throws in a baba, nana, or dada occasionally.
- Even more importantly he has called me mama. When I have walked out of the room, he looks for me and says mama. Is this just a coincidence? I thought so a week ago but he has also repeated byebye and told Chester byebye! Is he talking now??
- He is still crawling "army crawl" style but is doing it much faster! It is amazing to me how fast he can crawl and he pretty much can get into anything he wants.
- He is very good at picking up with his pointer finger and thumb small things and he will find ANYTHING on the carpet. I need to start vacuuming more!
That is all for right now. Maybe more to tell when he is ten months! Happy Friday everyone!!!
Posted by Allison at 8:20 AM
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
How about the new food court at ACU??
Why does everything have to be new and improved two years after graduating? Don't get me started on that walking trail, million dollar statue, and a much better-looking Sikes. Not to mention everything that popped up around campus after graduating (ex. Wal-Mart Supercenter, Cracker Barrel).
I'm not bitter, just a little jealous I guess!
Posted by Allison at 2:10 PM
Monday, September 10, 2007
Noah didn't "enjoy" the game as much as we had hoped , but it could have been worse. First of all, the loud noise of the crowd scared him to death, and it was a LOUD game!! Second, he was pretty tired towards the beginning of the game, but he did take a 45 minute nap during the second quarter on Aaron's back. Third, it rained for 5 minutes right after opening kick-off! For most of the game he sat with Aaron and his parents. It wasn't as loud in their section and he had room to sit on a t-shirt and play. For most all of he game, Bonnie and I sat together and had a blast watching OU kill Miami! The game made me very excited about the upcoming season! We are pretty sure Noah will not be attending his next OU game this season! We are glad, though, that we took him and will make for a memorable scrapbook page for Noah in the future!!!
The Ellis' before the game...Noah is soo excited!!!
Chaz and Noah...we missed you Chaz at the game! :(
Bonnie and I eating our 10:30 lunch!...yum!
The Ellis' at the game
Noah and Mimi :)
The Sooner Schooner
Us after a long day!
Daddy and Noah
He was a happy SOONER on the way home!
Posted by Allison at 9:13 AM
Friday, September 7, 2007
We are off to Oklahoma today for the OU/Miami game! Wish us luck, we are taking Noah to his first OU game! Yeah! I will report back on how he did! He is very excited about it! Just a couple pics in honor of it being Friday!
Posted by Allison at 10:42 AM
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Doublewide pic plus Noah
Anna Lee and Kara @ Dallas World Aquarium
Some of the Group @ Mi Cocina in Southlake
Noah and "Aunt" Erika by the Pool
Sorry, I didn't take as many pics as I would have liked...so if you did take more please send me some! Actual Labor Day wasn't as exciting...
That's Aaron watching golf and me so bored taking a picture of him! Just kidding honey...love you!
School started yesterday and I am sooo exhausted! Maybe more on that later!
Posted by Allison at 3:44 PM