Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Harper's Nursery

Harper's nursery is finally done!  It took awhile, but we like how it turned out.  I love to go and sit and read or be on pinterest.  I can't wait to see her in the room.  After all, it's for her, right? 

When thinking about a girls room, I was in heaven, and a little overwhelmed!  There is so many directions to go in.  I knew I wanted it to be girly and something she could grow into.  I knew I wanted pink and gray in the nursery, but really didn't have any kind of direction I was going in until I found the bedding and crib.  I didn't want to use the boys crib, because I pictured a white, dainty crib for Harper.  We sold the boys' crib on craigslist and bought the used, {new to us} Jenny Lind crib on craigslist.  My parents bought us the bedding {THANK YOU!} and Aaron's parents' gave us a dresser they had {THANK YOU!}.  The rocker has been with us since Noah was a baby and has stayed in great shape after 5 years!  The rest just came together as I saw it!


Here's the tour!
Photobucket


Crib: Craigslist
Bedding: Serena & Lily.
Rug: Zigzag printed rug from Urban Outfitters.
Photobucket

I found the old window at Canton and got the wreath idea from this blog.
Photobucket

Close-up of the bedding...

Photobucket


Dick and Jane prints found here.
Frames: Ikea Ribba in white.
Photobucket

Bookcase: Ikea Billy bookcase in white, backed with paper Christmas wrapping paper from Papyrus.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Found this idea on pinterest...

Photobucket

Curtains: Ikea Vivan curtains with trim found at Hancock fabrics.
Fabric Hoops idea found from, where else, Pinterest.
I found the little side table at TJ Maxx and my wonderful husband painted it in Valspar's Crystal Aqua.
I ordered the pillow off Etsy from this shop.
Photobucket

These were easy and inexpensive to do!  I might add one more...

Photobucket


My wonderful husband painted the dresser {not sure the color...it is the color of our kitchen cabinets that we had left over}.  The top is painted in Crystal Aqua as well.
Photobucket


Chalkboard paint is one of the greatest inventions!  This was an old mirror that a friend gave me.  Once again, the frame is painted in Crystal Aqua.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My friend made this bow holder...love it!  I also, love that Harper has so many bows already!
Photobucket

Oh, I almost forgot.  The wall paint is Valspar's Polished Silver.

Photobucket

The End!

2 weeks from tomorrow is the BIG day!  We are getting excited around here!

13 comments:

Cassie said...

LOVE it!! I'm so glad you got to decorate a girly space for once :) You did an amazing job!!

Jessica said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! You did such a great job on all of it!

Kara said...

it's absolutely precious! love her room- great job, allison!

Heather said...

I LOVE it!! (and Pinterest as well - uber addicted). Can't wait to meet her!

Nichole said...

It's absolutely adorable!

Wendi said...

That is SO cute!!!!! :)

Sara K said...

Adorable!!!

Keli Kalani said...

Allison, you never cease to amaze me with your frugal decorating skills! Simply beautiful, great job.

And by the way... where is your Pin it button?? ;)

Praise God for little Harper, praying for all of you as you graduate to a family of 5!

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

Bonniebeewester said...

It looks amazing Allison!!!!! You are so talented!! Oh how I can't wait to hold that sweet baby girl!

penni said...

WOW!!!!! Great job....it's absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to meet Harper. (soo happy I get to be there)!!!!

Brittnie said...

Love it! The room is so adorable. Love the idea of hanging the old window with the wreath. :)

Michelle said...

harper's room is amazing! i especially love the paper-lined bookcase!!

Moore Memories said...

Oh how I love every.single.detail!!!