Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Some Projects

For awhile I have been wanting to do something with the wall our fireplace is on. I have been noticing on some design websites, that stencils are making a comeback! So I decided to stencil the whole fireplace wall to make it more interesting and more of the focal point of the room. I found a stencil I liked from Sunny's Goodtime Paint, ordered it and it shipped very quickly! We then painted the wall blue and Aaron marked a whole grid on the wall so that it will make an exact pattern (I have a sweet hubby, don't I?)! I then stenciled the whole wall while free handing some of the design once it butted up against the mantel or ceiling. I think it turned out great!

Photobucket

Next, we got a new buffet/console for our TV and I knew that I needed something decorative on both sides to fill in dead space. Well, I saw on Budget Wise Home, a project in which she spray painted some vases a glossy white to get the look of white ceramic decorative vases. So, I tried using vases and bottles I already had and loved how it turned out! See below:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just thought I would share a couple of affordable DIY projects that were a lot of fun to do!

8 comments:

JENNY said...

Wow! So creative and very cute!

Bonniebeewester said...

What a great idea! You are so talented. Never would I have thought to do something like this. Love it!

Ashley said...

WOW! I LOVE both projects! I thought I was wall paper at first, great job!

Life as a Spencer! said...

Love the wall...so cool!

*Courtney* said...

Aaron told us about the fireplace wall over Spring Break and it turned out awesome! Seriously, if I had the money, I'd pay you to redecorate my whole house! :)

Heather said...

The fireplace wall is so cute!! I'm wanting to do wallpaper in my bedroom, but I may have to stencil instead! :)

Wendi said...

Love the wall! Great job! :)

Jessica said...

Love your wall!! I bet that took forever!