Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Soup Season!

The temperatures are dropping {slowly}, which means it's time for soup season!  Seriously, one reason why I love fall is beacause I love the smell of a good soup simmering on the stove.  I've never shared a recipe before, but I want to share one of my favorite soups with you!  Why you ask?  Because I've been known as the "Soup Queen" to some people {okay maybe just one person}, since I love to make soups! 
Disclamer:  I  have gotten all of my favorite soup recipes from my mother, so maybe SHE is the "Soup Queen?

Shrimp Corn Chowder {Aaron's most-favorite soup ever}

1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 c butter
3 c whole milk
8 oz cream cheese, softened and cubed
1 can of Rotel tomatoes and green chillies
2 cans of creamed corn
1 T dried basil
1T Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning  {this is spicy, so add more or less to whatever degree of spicyness you like}
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 1/2 lbs small shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined {you can find them in the frozen seafood section}

Saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic in butter until softened.  Add the rest of ingredients and simmer on medium for 30 minutes. 

Serve immediately.  Aaron and I like to sprinkle a little Tony's on top before eating.  This soup is delicious with corn bread!

Enjoy!

1 comments:

penni said...

yum!! I too am a BIG soup fan...can't wait to try this one!!!