Things I will miss about our apartment:
1. Having a maintenance guy to fix everything for free.
2. Small space to clean.
3. The awesome walking trails by the creek.
Things I will not miss:
1. Hearing the people go to the bathroom above us.
2. Having to walk Chester every time he needs to go potty. (Aaron will not miss this more :))
3. The big piece of dry-wall that is missing from the ceiling in our garage. (good thing my car wasn't parked in the garage when it fell)
4. The small space.
5. "Throwing" our money away to a temporary home.
6. The satellite going out after a 5 mph wind. (it is ghetto rigged on a "stand" in our flower bed)
7. The fire alarms going off for no good reason.
8. The boring light khaki walls that look white.
9. Having an office/bedroom.
10. Drunk teenagers fighting at 3 am outside our window.
11. The occasional late night Dallas Police Chopper (with spotlight) circling the woods behind our apartment. (Yes, the same woods we hike in!)
12. The delay of receiving a mailed package since our management is never at work.
Obviously, our new home will be better suited for us. I hope so at least. We will, hopefully, be closing a week from tomorrow! Probably won't be living there until mid-March after all of the improvements. We are excited (and nervous) about becoming homeowners soon!!!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Posted by Allison at 9:29 PM
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Okay, so this really not an anniversary but a birthday! Noah is 15 months today!! Yay! My boy is getting so big! Best 15 months of my life..hands down! He is changing everyday it seems. He has started standing briefly without holding on for a couple of seconds at a time! He eats everything in sight and loves to eat what mommy and daddy are eating. Kind of makes you think twice about what you put in your mouth! "Chester" is his favotire word this week. It doesn't really sound a lot like "Chester" it is more like De-De, if that makes any sense. Here is a picture that is circa 4 months. My camera is broken so, no pics of him on his 15 month birthday!
Speaking of...we have had Chester for 3 years now! Aaron got him for me for Valentine's Day three years ago! It was definitely a Valentine's Day I will always remember! I came home from Backstage Salon where I worked, and there was candles leading up to our garage apartment. He told me that I needed to meet someone, and Chester came waddling out with a big red bow on him! I noticed I have not really blogged about Chester so I thought I would give him a shout out! Here is a picture of him on his first day with us.
Posted by Allison at 3:09 PM
Monday, February 18, 2008
Posted by Allison at 9:30 AM
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Posted by Allison at 3:31 PM
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Not much going on with Noah. Here are a few things:
-He did say Rylie (Ry-E) for the first time. It was so adorable and I am not sure how he picked up on it so quick because he usually calls her "baby".
-He also loves to lift up shirts and say bubby, which is a shortened word for belly-button.
-He is no longer drinking his milk from a bottle. He is doing great with whole milk and sippy cups.
-He has walked more with his push toy but there is still no signs of walking in the immediate future. (This drives Aaron nuts!)
-He now says Hi like "Hi-E". It is pretty funny.
-He enjoys new foods such as: cheese, mac n cheese, hot dogs, peach-mango-applesauce, and brisket.
Posted by Allison at 2:54 PM
Monday, February 4, 2008
The Ellis' are quite busy these days. We are in the process of buying our first home! We are really excited and anxious all at the same time! This week it will be inspected and if everything checks out okay we will close at the end of the month (hopefully). Here is a picture of our soon-to-be home in Forney, TX!
I am sure I will be posting lots of pictures of 'before and afters' and the progress of the house. Stay tuned!
Posted by Allison at 3:22 PM