Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Belated Valentines Party

This year, my sister decided to start the tradition of having a cousin's Valentines Party. This past weekend was kind of crazy for all of us, so we had the party on Monday. My sister took the idea from Jon & Kate Plus 8...the one where they have the Valentine scavenger hunt. We had so much fun!
My sister decorated the table, and all the kids had a balloon, a card with their name to show them where they sat, and lots of fun Valentines goodies.


Noah's spot...



We had heart shaped grilled cheeses and PB & Honey sandwiches. We also had a cheese tray, veggie tray, chips, black olives (the girls' favorite), fruit tray, and yummy cupcakes!



All the cousins about to receive instructions for the scavenger hunt!



Finding a clue in the bathroom...



And finally to the Big Box of Surprises at the end!


The kids ripping into the box to see what all they got!

Rylie especially was excited over her new paci's.


Thanks Aunt Lizzy for starting a new, fun tradition...we can't wait till next year!

4 comments:

JENNY said...

How fun! I love traditions.

Bonniebeewester said...

I love that idea! I saw that episode and thought that was so cute how excited everyone got over the little gifts. Maybe I could do one for my dogs?

raschel said...

haha, i love her expression over her new paci's!! :) um...is that a heart shaped cookie cutter or something? where would one find something like that...since Makena MIGHT realize what's going on next year (to some extent)...I want to stock up. :)

Cassie said...

This is SUCH a great tradition! We might be copying you next year:)