Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Surprise!

It's a..............




BOY!!!!

We were just as surprised to find out so soon! I am almost 17 weeks and my Dr. wanted me to have a sonogram at 16 weeks (I will have them more frequently since I have a history of pre-term labor). Anyways, so I scheduled my ultrasound for today not really thinking that they could tell me anything but the Dr. felt very certain that he would have an answer for me. Aaron could not go with me since he had a meeting at the time, so I knew I didn't want to find out without him. The Dr. told me that he would tell me to close my eyes and he would print some pics, put them in an envelope, and seal it so we could open it up together later! What a great idea, I thought! I had my sono at Medical City which is near Aaron's work, so I course drove straight over there after I left the hospital. It was like the envelope was staring at me saying "Rip me open!!!" After what felt like the longest ten minutes of my life, I arrived at Aaron's work, he came out to the car and I let him open it. To the tell you the truth we weren't that surprised that it was a boy (we both thought it probably would be) but we were still VERY excited!

Noah is so oblivious to it all, but I have a feeling one day he will be glad to have a little brother to play catch with. We do have a name picked out, but we will let Noah tell you it a little later on. Maybe a pic of the sonogram in a later post. Welp, I'm off to sit with Aaron for a bit before he flies out to Florida tomorrow for the BIG game.

Boomer Sooner!

10 comments:

Kara said...

YAY!!! So happy for you guys!

Noah is going to have a built in best friend, and you'll get to reuse all the fun 'boy' stuff you have : )

Glad he is healthy and growing!

stacey4 said...

How exciting!!! Yeah!!!

Cassie said...

That's SO exciting!! TWO boys!! How great will that be?? Congrats to you both!

Leslie Anne' said...

Yay! Thats exciting! I'm so happy for you guys!

Bonniebeewester said...

First of all, thanks for the shout out for Medical City...my birth place...what what! Second, I won't say congrats again bc it will be the third time and I'm starting to look like a stalker, and third, Chaz will die that Aaron went to Miami. He wanted to go soooo bad and since I didn't want to go and thought no one else would, he stayed home. Oops!

raschel said...

how exciting!!! you're such a cute pregnant lady-you're glowing! noah is going to love having a younger bro to play w/!

Amber said...

Congrats -- that is so exciting. Now I want to go to the dr right now and see what mine is . I am suppose to find out Jan. 22 at my next appointment so I guess I can wait.

*Courtney* said...

you know that we're all happy over here...now, if we can just get noah to spill the beans on the name....hahahaha! :)

JENNY said...

So exciting! Congrats, Allison!

Jessica said...

Yeah for yall! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm sure Noah will be a great big brother!