Monday, October 1, 2007

Jam Packed Week(end)

Things I loved about this past weekend!

1. Spending time with family!
On Sunday afternoon we went over to my parents house and Aaron taught Madison how to ride her bike. We headed to a park in the neighborhood and just over an hour later she was riding without her training wheels. I'm so proud of her and Aaron for being such a good teacher!

2. Browsing NorthPark with Aaron and Noah!
This is one of our favorite malls (maybe our favorite) and we had a blast buying nothing and just walking around!

3. Church on Sunday!
It was question and answer Sunday and our preacher Marq bravely answered some questions from the congregation. I got to hear most of it, but Noah is having a hard time being quiet and staying still in church. Whenever it is the most quiet, he loves to hear himself talk or make noises. Kinda funny actually. Aaron also led singing again, which he did a great job as always!

4. Talking to Kami and James on Skype!
If you don't know what Skype is, it is an Internet telephone and when both parties have web cams you can see each other and have a conversation. It is very handy for relatives who live so far away like in New York! We talk to them every now and then, but this time made me more excited about their upcoming trip to Dallas in a few weeks!

Things I am looking forward to this week:

Fair Day, the Lion King, Bible study, dinner with friends, seeing Aaron's parents and brother, and the OU/Texas game. (I am not going but Aaron, his parents, and Jared are, and it will fun rooting for them at home!)

Side note: It was a sad Saturday for the Ellis' as OU lost a close one. I didn't think Aaron would get out of his stretchy pants all day! But, miraculously Texas and a bunch of other top ranked teams lost and there was suddenly a light at the end of the tunnel!

5 comments:

Aaron said...

I had a great weekend regardless of the loss. I was actually able to not think about it the whole time we were at the park! Maybe I'm growing up or something.

That is until Kirk (that's right, the CEO) felt the need to come bug me about it 10 mins after I showed up this morning.

Kami said...

Can't wait to see you guys!! Texas losing definitely softened the blow for me!

Kara said...

my mom and i use skype and we love it! it's so fun for her to see the boys whenever she wants!

Cassie said...

Sorry about the OU loss...our weekend ended very nicely with an Auburn win over Florida...it's amazing what football can do to the hubby's moods:) AND I love the fair...I'm sad I won't get to go this year. Have fun!!

*Courtney* said...

yes, it was a sad day in college football...good thing we had the wedding to distract matt a little.

looks like y'all have a lot coming up too! that will be fun to see kami and james. :)

maybe we'll have a fair date soon, yay!